2.22.2010

MOCA

MUSEUM OF CONTEMPORARY ART, LOS ANGELES

This weekend I adventured up to LA for a little exploring. I went and hung out with some of my friends that go to USC, had a good ol' time, and then the next morning went to MOCA and spent the whole day viewing art... literally! My brain was exhausted by the end of the day. Right now MOCA has an exhibition of celebrating its first 30 years with art displayed chronologically from the 1930's to today! Needless to say it was incredibly inspiring, thought provoking, and at some times a little to grotesque for my liking. I have decided to withhold my favorite piece from you folks until later on in the week. I was so stoked on it that I feel it deserves its own honorary post. Here are some of the runner-ups, some of the names I forgot and I apologize for that. The pictures definitely don't do the art justice; therefore, I encourage all of you to get out and go check out MOCA for yourselves. Enjoy!
KK

Robert Rauschenberg Untitled c. 1954



Robert Irwin


Edward Ruscha Chocolate Room 1970 to 2004 ...and yes its made out of chocolate

2 comments:

  1. Just a curiosity, "moca" in portuguese means trip or getting high. Like, "I'm so "mocado"".

    Cheers guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second picture is from a photo book by larry clark called Tulsa.
    If u havnt seen it id check it out for sure.

    ReplyDelete